Ottawa Invisalign Clear AlignersMany people think that problems like crooked teeth, overbite, crossbite and crowded teeth can only be fixed when you’re a child. That simply isn’t the case.
Clear Aligners in Ottawa
Many people still think that dental problems like crooked teeth, overbite, crossbite or crowded teeth can only be corrected in childhood. Although it is indeed best to address these issues as early as possible, the idea that they cannot be fixed in later years is not quite true. Generally speaking, it is never too late to resolve, or at least improve most orthodontic concerns. It is always worthwhile to inquire about your own particular case and options. Fortunately, there are now some less intrusive and more “attractive” alternatives available to many who require orthodontic treatment. If, for whatever reason, you are concerned about the potential look and discomfort of traditional braces – clear aligners like Invisalign Ottawa provide a comfortable and aesthetically more pleasing (almost invisible) alternative for you.
What Is Invisalign in Ottawa?
Invisalign braces are clear aligners that sometimes can provide an alternative option to classic braces for teeth-straightening treatments. They are removable and almost invisible, making them not only more stylish and attractive but also easier to clean.
Here is how it works: your Invisalign dentist in Ottawa will first discuss and explain your individual treatment plan and process with you. Once you decide to go forward with the treatment, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth. Your personalised set of clear plastic aligners will then be made for your particular individualised treatment.
Each set of your personal custom-fit aligners will contribute to correcting your teeth bit by bit. As you move through your set, every aligner will gently move your teeth into a slightly new position. Once your teeth have adjusted to the shape of one aligner, a new aligner will replace the old one and continue the correction until you have reached the final aligner and completed your treatment.
Invisalign is suitable to correct a variety of dental issues, including:
● Crowded or crooked teeth: teeth need an appropriate amount of space – otherwise they can end up misaligned, overlapped, or tilted. Crowded teeth are harder to care for properly, making them more susceptible for plaque, caries, and gum disease.
● Gap teeth or excessive spacing: aside from being a cosmetic concern, having large gaps between teeth can cause actual dental problems. An accumulation of food residue can attract bad bacteria, impacting your dental health by making you more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disease.
● Underbite: an underbite occurs when your lower front teeth sit in front of your upper teeth in a biting or closed position. This becomes problematic as your teeth lack proper support from their upper counterparts. An underbite can cause problems with biting and chewing and often leads to jaw pain.
● Overbite: while a slight overbite is considered ideal, more severe cases can lead to similar problems as an underbite.
● Crossbite: is a misalignment of upper and lower teeth in a closed position of your mouth. It can affect one or more anterior (front) or posterior (back) teeth and can cause pain in the jaw, frequent headaches, tooth decay, and even sleep apnea.
● Open Bite: is a condition whereby a gap persists between the upper and lower front teeth. There is simply no contact. This can lead to increased wear on your back teeth and it may interfere with speech articulation (lisp).